What is an Innovative Start Up Member?
UKGBC offers discounted membership, and a unique offering, to innovative start-ups working to develop and scale solutions to the array of challenges faced in pursuit of a sustainable built environment. We work to raise the profile of, and connect, our Innovative Start-Up members with both one another and with UKGBC’s wider membership through a variety of activities.
This membership category is designed to help start-ups scale by offering insight into the property and construction sector, and the opportunity to learn from and network with different sub-sectors across the built environment. It seeks to join the dots between innovators and other stakeholders across the industry to convene complementary solutions and scale their impact and adoption.
Benefits of Innovative Start-Up Membership
- Regular bulletins notifying of opportunities from UKGBC’s wider innovation network including pilot project, investment and acceleration opportunities.
- Bespoke opportunities such as introductions, networking events, speaking and media opportunities etc.
- Access to UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group to gain market insight and product development advice, either one-to-one or in focus groups with other start-ups.
- Access to UKGBC’s quarterly Innovative Start-Up Forum, where we are joined by different UKGBC member sub-sectors on rotation to knowledge-share.
Innovative Start-Up Membership Joining Criteria
UKGBC offers Innovative Start-Up membership at a discount rate. To join under this membership category, applicants must meet certain criteria, including:
- The company’s product or service aims to solve a challenge aligned with UKGBC’s vision for a sustainable built environment.
- The company’s product or service is designed to scale very quickly and can be applied and marketed globally.
- It is less than 5 years since the date of the company’s incorporation.
- The company has less than 50 employees (globally) and a turnover of less than €10m (i.e. an SME as defined by the EC).
- The company’s product or service offer is not predominantly advisory/consultancy or investment.
Innovative Start-Up members must also meet UKGBC’s Standard membership requirements.
In some cases we may consult with UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group to review applications.
Explore our Innovative Start Up Forum
Innovative Start-Up Member Directory
The following organisations joined as UKGBC Innovative Start-Up Members and have since scaled beyond our criteria and are now full UKGBC members
Intrigued? Learn more and apply today
Discover more information about the eligibility for being an Innovative Start Up Member, how much it costs and how you can apply to join today below.