What is an Innovative Start Up Member?
UKGBC offers innovative start-up membership that addresses the needs of new, innovative organisations in the sector that are working on solutions to the array of challenges we face on our mission to a sustainable built environment. UKGBC works to raise the profile of and connect the start-ups with one another and with UKGBC’s wider corporate membership through a variety of activities.
What is the core impact of this membership?
This membership category is designed to help start-ups scale by offering insight into the property and construction sector, and the opportunity to learn from and network with different sub-sectors within the built environment. It also seeks to join the dots between start-ups and other stakeholders across the industry to convene complementary solutions and scale their impact and adoption.
Benefits of Innovative Start-Up Membership
- Receive Innovative Start-Up Bulletin including notification of opportunities from UKGBC’s wider innovation network including pilot project, investment and acceleration opportunities.
- Benefit from bespoke opportunities such as introductions, networking events, speaking and media opportunities etc.
- Access to UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group to gain market insight and product development advice, either one-to-one or in focus groups with other start-ups.
- Access to UKGBC’s quarterly Innovative Start-Up Forum, where we are joined by different UKGBC member sub-sectors.
Innovative Start-Up Membership Criteria
Due to the extra support UKGBC offer Innovative Start-Ups beyond the standard membership benefits there are certain criteria that must be met, these include:
- The company’s product or service aims to solve a challenge aligned with UKGBC’s vision for a sustainable built environment.
- The company’s product or service is designed to scale very quickly and can be applied and marketed globally.
- It is less than 5 years since the date of the company’s incorporation.
- The company has less than 50 employees (globally) and a turnover of less than €10m (i.e. an SME as defined by the EC).
- The company’s product or service offer is not predominantly advisory/consultancy.
In some cases we may consult with UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group to review applications.
Explore our Innovative Start Up Forum
Innovative Start-Up Member Directory
The following organisations joined as UKGBC Innovative Start-Up Members and have since scaled beyond our criteria and are now full UKGBC members
Intrigued? Learn more and apply today
Discover more information about the eligibility for being an Innovative Start Up Member, how much it costs and how you can apply to join today below.