UKGBC has an expanding community of Innovative Start-Up members, who we bring together regularly through this Forum intending to:
- Create a supportive community of peers to explore shared challenges and the solutions to them.
- Connect Innovative Start-Up members with the wider UKGBC corporate membership, facilitating knowledge-sharing and network-building.
- Proactively engage start-ups in UKGBC activities.
- Help profile and scale purpose-driven innovators operating in the built environment.
The Forum is a collaborative and informal space, with meetings held on a quarterly basis open to all UKGBC Innovative Start-Up members. During each Forum we also welcome a select number of individuals from the wider UKGBC membership to partake in a panel discussion and Q&A, to knowledge share with our start-up members.
Keep an eye on UKGBC’s Events Calendar for upcoming Forums.
- “Meet the Scale-Ups” – 19th October 2023. We welcomed scale-ups seeking to implement sustainable solutions in the built environment to share learnings with our start-ups. Write-up coming soon.
- “Meet the Investors” – 19th July 2023. Our first in-person event! We welcomed a panel of venture capital investors, followed by a pre-arranged speed-networking session and informal networking drinks reception.
- “Meet the Sustainability Consultants” – 3rd April 2023. We welcomed WSP, Mott MacDonald, Arup and Atkins.
- “Meet the Local Authorities” – 10th January 2023. We welcomed Devon County Council, Glasgow City Council, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the West Midlands Combined Authority.
- “Meet the Contractors” – 27th September 2022. We welcomed ISG, Multiplex Construction Europe and Laing O’Rourke as our guest panellists.
- “Meet the Architects” – 13th April 2022. We welcomed Penoyre & Prasad, Orms, Bennetts Associates, and SOM as our guest panellists.
- “Meet the Developers”, 12th January 2022. We welcomed Berkeley Homes, Transport for London, Grosvenor, and JLL as our guest panellists.
Get involved: If you are a UKGBC Innovative Start-Up member wishing to participate in the Forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovative Start-Up membership: If you would like to apply to become an Innovative Start-Up member, or for more information on this dedicated membership category, please see here.
Forum Advisory Group:
The direction of the Forum is member-led. We have a Forum Advisory Group of Innovative Start-Up members who work alongside UKGBC in-between meetings to ensure relevance of activities and to support planning and preparation.
Innovative Start-Up Forum Advisory Group:
- Gilbert Lennox-King, CEO & Co-Founder, Construction Carbon
- Jade Cohen, Co-Founder, Qualis Flow
- Natasha Boulding, CEO & Co-Founder, Low Carbon Materials