This year’s COP in Dubai is a critical opportunity for the built environment to demonstrate its untapped potential to drive action in the fight to stop climate breakdown. To ensure our industry’s voice is heard, UKGBC has partnered with Climate Action on their Innovation Zone and Sustainable Innovation Forum event, a key hub for convening and championing those delivering the solutions we need to deliver change at scale.
Taking place alongside the formal COP negotiations at the Madinat Jumeirah Conference Centre, the Innovation Zone is an inclusive, free-to-attend space and that does not require a COP28 Blue Zone Accreditation.
Sustainable Innovation Forum
The Sustainable Innovation Forum 2023 returns for its 15th annual edition during COP, organised by Climate Action, bringing together 1,000 global sustainability leaders across all sectors including business, government, cities, finance, and civil society to promote transformative innovation and tangible climate action to help us go further, faster together.
The Forum will take place on 4th & 5th December within the Innovation Zone. All members of UKGBC can receive a 50% discount on tickets by using the code UKGBC50. Contact Marketing and Partnerships Manager Rachel Cooper directly if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key speakers include:
- Francois Austin, Global Head, Energy and Resources, Oliver Wyman
- Amy Barnes, Head of Sustainability and Climate Change Strategy, Marsh
- Faustine Delaselle, Executive Director, Mission Possible Partnership Global
- Rhian Kelly, Chief Sustainability Officer, National Grid
- Sherry Madera, Executive Director, CDP
- Niki Mardas, Executive Director, Global Canopy
- Reece Whitby, Minister for Environment and Climate Action, Western Australia
- Zitouni Ould-Dada, Deputy Director, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Dickens Kamugisha, Chief Executive Officer, Africa Institute for Energy Governance
Connect with UKGBC at COP28
Stay up to date with UKGBC’s COP plans and opportunities for members to engage on our COP28 webpage. And if you too are making the journey to Dubai, let’s connect and explore opportunities to celebrate COP together.