In November 2021, UKGBC launched the Net Zero Whole Life Carbon Roadmap at COP26, a common vision and agreed actions for achieving net zero carbon in the construction, operation and demolition of buildings and infrastructure in the UK.
Five months post-launch, join some key stakeholders and individuals at UKGBC as we:
- Assess the industry’s response to the roadmap to date and key remaining issues to tackle
- Look forward to the journey ahead, the stakeholder actions plans and promoting dialogue and collaboration to drive transformational change through net zero commitments
- Explore key policy asks from Government and how the industry can support the changes needed
This event will highlight next steps for the industry in this critical decade of action, and how we can ensure the milestones and actions detailed in the Roadmap are achieved. The interactive format will enable guests to leave the event with an understanding of the next steps they can practically take to deliver a net zero built environment and what UKGBC will be doing to support them.
This is your opportunity to have your questions answered live so please come prepared with questions for our panelists. To access the launch event recording from December, please see here.
- Smith Mordak, Director of Sustainability & Physics, Buro Happold
- Gary Clark, Regional Leader of Science + Technology, HOK
- Ollie Morris, Associate Director, CBRE
- Tom Spurrier, Project Lead, UKGBC
- Yetunde Abdul, Head of Climate Action, UKGBC
- Louise Hutchins, Head of Policy & Public Affairs, UKGBC
Background: Roadmap Outputs
- A Pathway to Net Zero for the UK Built Environment – aimed at stakeholders from across the built environment value chain who need an overview of the Roadmap findings and its implications for the sector. The report provides context for why the Roadmap exercise is critical to delivering the UK net zero goal, while also detailing the necessary technological shifts, policies and industry actions that can help deliver decarbonisation.
- Technical Report – provides detail on the project structure, the process for data collection, the key features of the calculation methodology and concludes with a description of the net zero scenario definition and results.
- Summary for Policy-Makers – aimed at central government, local authorities, and anyone interested in built environment policies. The Summary provides an overview of the relevant Roadmap findings and policy recommendations for central government to deliver a net zero built environment by 2050.
- Stakeholder Action Plans – sets out specific recommended actions for 14 key industry stakeholders, enabling them to play their part in achieving the Roadmap’s goals.