|1 year (FY 2024/25)
In this pivotal year, with the scale of retrofit investment and nature of major new developments hotly contested, there is a window of opportunity to ensure the voice of our sustainable built environment is heard.
UKGBC’s convening power, and live relationships with decision makers and influencers across the political spectrum, make us well placed to deliver this. But we need additional support to fully take advantage of the moment.
We’re inviting members to Partner us in a new Advocacy Project.
The Project will build on the success of our Upgrading Britain’s Homes Project where our national retrofit investment calculator is being used by Opposition parties to develop policy. And it will add surge capacity to our other policy campaigns including on commercial retrofit, embodied carbon, new developments, nature restoration and resilience.
Supporting this Project is an opportunity to leverage the public affairs impact your organisation needs, showcase your leadership, and be at the centre of policy debate through these fast-moving times.
Unlocking policy in a number of key areas could transform the prospects of our industry with a huge growth in the upgrading of existing buildings and new developments built to genuinely modern standards in the right places.
Through this project we want:
- Key policies to be adopted by the main parties
- Strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers across the political spectrum.
- Members to actively engage in policy advocacy, raising the voice of the industry.
- Members to provide expert guidance to the incoming Government and Opposition parties
- Support members and industry to understand and respond to new policies