This workshop will give an overview of UKGBC’s Climate Commitment Platform and organisations who have already made ambitious commitments. There is a need for built environment organisations to better understand what Climate Commitments are most relevant for them, the commercial implications and how to set effective net zero strategies. Hearing from three featured organisations spanning the built environment value chain, we will be exploring the following questions:
- What is a ‘net zero target’?
- What are the differences between relevant third-party commitments?
- What are the decision-making processes behind setting internal climate commitments?
- How are organisations beginning to work towards their commitments?
- What are the key actions needed by the industry over the next decade?
There will be a practical workshop session to understand how the learnings can be applied to your organisation.
Who should attend?
We recommend this workshop to anyone who is thinking about or in the process setting a climate commitment or is interested in the journey other built environment organisations are taking to reach theirs.
Attend this workshop if you want to gain a understand the steps involved in setting and working towards organisational climate commitments.
- Karl Desai, Senior Advisor – Advancing Net Zero, UKGBC
- Anna Hollyman, Sustainability Advisor, UKGBC
- Jack Morris, Environmental Consultant, Carbon Intelligence
- Jane Wakiwaka, Head of Sustainability – Real Estate, The Crown Estate
- Simon Wyatt, Partner, Cundall
Please note, this course is now full.