Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester, London and OnlineView maps
Net Zero Solutions Forum
UKGBC’s Net Zero Solutions Forum provides a space to discuss learnings and experiences of existing net zero solutions and challenges. By bringing together organisations from across the building value chain, it enables the cross-sector thinking needed to drive progress. Our forums are member-led, and by leveraging the power of UKGBC to bring stakeholders together, our members can work on their key challenges alongside other motivated parties.
As the Net Zero Solutions Forum takes continues to take shape throughout 2023, it will have four topics as its focus: Organisational Commitments (Race to Zero, World GBC etc), Retrofit, Finance + Value, and Whole Life Carbon implementation.
Forum meetings take place roughly every six weeks, alternating between in-person and online events. In line with our ambition to create a national UKGBC network, our in-person meetings will rotate around several locations:
Each event, both online and in-person, will follow the same base structure:
1. Opening presentation and group discussion
- A UKGBC member has the opportunity to bring forward either a successful implemented solution or a challenge that they’d like to work on with the forum.
- 30 minutes to present, go into depth, and have a group wide discussion.
2. Breakout groups for the four main topics
- The forum then splits into five groups, one for the four main topics (Commitments, Retrofit, Finance, and WLC implementation), and a “free-for-all” space where members can bring items that don’t fit into the other four.
- Each group will have a UKGBC member as Chair, who can facilitate and support the consistency of conversation across multiple forum meetings.
3. Reconvene as an overall group to overview and discuss any topics to work on before the next forum meeting.
The forum is founded on the following broad principles:
- Solutions focused: the forum should actively create, promote, and share solutions to delivering net zero carbon buildings at scale.
- Peer-to-peer learning: the forum should encourage the sharing of strategies to help deliver net zero, including organisational net zero commitments.
- Advocate: the forum should use its collective strength to demonstrate leadership on net zero in the construction and property sector
For more information please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advancing Net Zero Partners
Our climate change mitigation work is made possible due thanks to the generous support of our Advancing Net Zero Programme Partners