It is estimated that 80% of our 2050 building stock already exists today, so retrofitting our buildings is critical to securing a net zero carbon built environment. This webinar will launch UKGBC’s latest report which explores the potential cost and carbon impacts of different retrofit measures, and how to retrofit our existing offices towards net zero. The guidance is intended to inform planned retrofit strategies, help overcome common challenges and encourage all stakeholders to aim for ambitious levels of energy efficiency.
Retrofitting our commercial properties will play a critical role in achieving our net zero goals. UKGBC’s Whole Life Carbon Roadmap shows that non-domestic buildings are responsible for 23% of the UK’s operational emissions, with commercial offices being the second largest primary driver of energy demand and operational emissions.
UKGBC’s latest guidance explores the potential cost, operational energy efficiency, and embodied carbon impact of different retrofit measures. It is intended to inform planned upgrades to existing assets and help overcome common challenges to maximise compliance with anticipated Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) and close the gap towards future net zero carbon performance targets.
- Get the first look and introduction to UKGBC’s new guidance on commercial retrofit for offices and ask questions directly to our project leads and expert panel.
- Deepen understanding of the energy, carbon and cost effectiveness of different retrofit measures for commercial assets, to inform planned upgrades and overcome common challenges in achieving net zero targets.
- Better understand the ‘Overarching Retrofit Strategy’ for retrofitting commercial buildings, that builds on our 2022 report Delivering Net Zero: Key Considerations for Commercial Retrofit.
- Learn about real-world case studies of best-practice retrofits, alongside lessons learnt.
- Hear from UKGBC project leads and industry experts’ perspective, insights and experience of commercial retrofit.
- Anna Hollyman, Senior Sustainability Advisor, UKGBC
- Peter Fisher, Director, Bennetts Associates
- Tom Attree, Director of Sustainability and Technology, Shaftesbury Capital
- John Pirouet, Associate Director, Hoare Lea
- Etienne Humphries, Head of Building Performance, Bruntwood
Who should attend?
Built environment professionals involved or interested in the planning of commercial building retrofits to reach net zero targets.
Advancing Net Zero Partners
Our Climate Change Mitigation work is made possible due to the generous support of our Advancing Net Zero Programme Partners
Commercial Retrofit Project Partners
Our live projects on commercial retrofit are made possible thanks to our project partners