We are seeking members’ views on the various changes that BEIS has proposed, aimed at ensuring that ESOS drives real action on energy efficiency, while being aligned with our wider net zero goals.
We are inviting member organisations who we believe:
- fall within scope of ESOS; or
- provide consultancy advice and guidance on ESOS.
The consultation sets out a number of key proposals:
- encouraging action by strengthening the ESOS audit and report such that they provide a good range of useful and well-presented recommendations for participants.
- ensuring that ESOS recommendations are consistent with the UK’s net zero commitments by requiring the ESOS audit to include a ‘net zero assessment’, which would:
- requiring ESOS participants to publicly disclose high level information from their ESOS report and to set a target or action plan on which they will be required to report annually.
- two longer-term options:
- mandating the implementation of ESOS recommendations.
The aim of the workshop is to seek members’ views on the proposals to help us prepare our UKGBC response. While we have consistently called for ESOS to be strengthened in order to incentivise investment in energy efficiency, we will be looking to members for their detailed input as to how that might best be achieved in practice.
Please join us if your own organisation falls within the scope of ESOS, or if you provide consultancy advice and guidance on ESOS.
In order to make the event as interactive as possible we will be limiting the number of participants, so please do sign up to secure your space. Further details, along with the Zoom link, will be shared nearer the time.