Agree social value purpose
- Social value considerations were included from the initial project bid stage.
Identify priority stakeholder
- Priority stakeholders were identified in collaboration with the Council during the early stages of the project
Put in place a social value measurement framework
- WSP recommends the National TOMs framework to all their project teams (unless another framework is deemed more suitable). As a result, the TOMs framework has been selected for this project. The measurement approach has been approved by Shropshire Council.
Understand stakeholder needs
- WSP held a ‘think tank’ workshop with multiple stakeholders including Shropshire Council and the Town Council. This session was used to brainstorm ideas for potential social value initiatives to meet the needs identified and develop the social value tracker.
- WSP have engaged with local stakeholder groups, charities, and schools to understand local needs and to gather ideas for potential social value initiatives.
Ongoing measurement, monitoring and reporting
- They have also identified local groups and individuals who are keen to help with the upkeep and monitoring of the final scheme.
Key Sustainability Objectives/ Outcomes
WSP are currently in the process of defining the projects priority social value outcomes. A social value tracker has been set up to record ideas and stakeholder engagement has begun with local groups.