Arup, 10 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PFView maps
Commercial Retrofit – Site tour of 10 George Street, Edinburgh
With over 70% of the UK’s non-residential building stock constructed before the year 2000, there is an urgent need to increase the pace at which we are retrofitting the UK’s commercial real estate in order for us to meet the UK’s energy efficiency and net zero targets.
To bring to life the opportunities and lesson learned from a recent project, UKGBC is hosting a site tour of Arup’s 10 George Street in Edinburgh – a case study featured in our Delivering Net Zero: Key Considerations for Commercial Retrofit report last year and achieved SKA Gold certification for the fit out.
UKGBC member and office fit-out specialist, Overbury, led the project with a strong focus on reducing embodied carbon from concept stages through to delivery. The project team employed a circular approach to minimise waste, chose products with Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) where possible, and integrated carbon factors into value engineering decisions.
The tour will include presentations from the design and delivery teams outlining the range of sustainability interventions introduced and key lessons learned, followed by post-tour refreshments and networking.
- Deepen understanding of how to retrofit non-residential buildings
- Raise awareness of key challenges and opportunities of commercial retrofit
- Explore solutions, challenges and lessons learned first-hand
- Network with fellow UKGBC members
Who should attend?
Scotland based design and delivery teams focused on the retrofit and/or fit-out of commercial buildings.
- Lyle Chrystie, Director, Reiach & Hall Architects
- Graeme Gidney, Director, Arup
- Elliot Wishlade, Director, Arup
- Mike Clarke, Director of Membership, UKGBC
- David Steen, Senior Policy Advisor, UKGBC Scotland
Advancing Net Zero Partners
Our climate change mitigation work is made possible due thanks to the generous support of our Advancing Net Zero Programme Partners