|1 year (FY 2024/25)
More widely and rapidly implementing solutions that already exist to the climate and ecological crises is critical to achieving industry goals. However, it can be challenging to keep up with the latest developments and compare options. This project will support UKGBC’s work raising awareness and understanding of the most impactful solutions available now to address sustainability challenges across the built environment. Workstreams include:
- Growth and evolution of the UKGBC Solutions Library and Case Study Library: highlighting impactful and commercially available means of addressing pressing sustainability challenges, and exemplary case studies from UKGBC members. Partners may contribute to the formation of focal research themes for the year and will be offered a place on UKGBC’s Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group*, supporting UKGBC in reviewing content for both Libraries.
- 4 x online Solution Showcases: interactive events showcasing a variety of innovative solutions available now to support built environment practitioners in addressing sustainability challenges.
- Sustainable solutions trends 2024: research output tracking key trends in sustainable solutions across the built environment, placing them in the context of an evolving sustainability landscape, and horizon-scanning for emerging areas of interest.
This project is ideal for organisations wishing to support the following objectives:
- Source, profile, and scale-up the implementation of market-ready solutions to the most pressing sustainability challenges within the built environment.
- Showcase exemplary case studies that highlight progressive approaches and achievements of UKGBC members.
- Build understanding and share insights around key trends and opportunities for sustainable solutions within the built environment.