|1 year (FY 2024/25)
A step change in the sector’s environmental and social impact is needed to achieve UKGBC’s vision for a sustainable built environment. This requires innovation in technology, business models, and ways of operating. Fragmentation across the built environment industry is currently hindering knowledge-sharing and the development and deployment of the innovations needed. This project will support UKGBC’s open-innovation activities.
- 4 x online Innovative Start-Up Forum events: UKGBC has an expanding network of nearing 90 start-ups. These events see them convening with a panel of representatives from the wider built environment value chain to knowledge-share and enable better collaboration around industry challenges. Partners may attend the Forum, otherwise exclusively available to start-up and panelist members.
- 2 x in-person innovation networking events: open to all UKGBC members working on or interested in innovation, to network and knowledge-share. The summer event will include speed-networking between innovators and industry, and the winter event will focus on trends in sustainable innovation over 2024.
- Advisory scheme for start-ups and innovators: the Solutions & Innovation Advisory Group helps provide UKGBC’s start-up member network with market insight and advice to aid the development and deployment of their innovative solutions. Partners will be offered a position on the Advisory Group*.
This project is ideal for organisations wishing to support the following objectives:
- Increase the pace and scale of sustainable innovation development and deployment across the built environment.
- Facilitate connections and collaboration across the innovation ecosystem, which includes start-ups, investors, accelerators, and corporate innovators and solution-adopters.
- Nurture start-ups as they grow, providing access to market insight and a strong peer group.