Explore the Passivhaus standard and hear from expert speakers on how they have successfully delivered Passivhaus projects, how the standard has impacted their business and what have they learned in the process.
- Understand the main principles of Passivhaus and its relevance in the UK
- Explore the tools available to implement Passivhaus on your projects
- Explore best practice case studies and gain key insights and lessons learned from the experts
- Network and cross-share knowledge with your peers
John Lefever, Land & New Business Manager, Hastoe Housing Group
- Over the last 25 years John has worked in both private and public housing and lectured at Anglia Ruskin University. He manages the Hastoe Group Eastern Region team who have delivered the largest RSL programme of Ground Source heat pumps in UK, a code level 5 scheme over 500 code level 4 homes and a straw bale scheme, plus 3 certified Passivhaus schemes. Hastoe won the “Sustainable Developer of the year” by What House? magazine in 2013.
Gareth Selby, Senior Consultant & CEPH Designer, Architype
- With eight years’ experience at Architype, Gareth has worked on a number of Passivhaus projects including the University of East Anglia’s Enterprise Centre that is set to be the largest Passivhaus in the UK. He is a project manager on the RAPIERE software to produce a fast, cloud based, lifecycle carbon and cost software.
Who should attend?
Attend if you are a sustainable built environment professional involved in the design and delivery of buildings, who is curious to learn industry insights about using the Passivhaus standard to certify a project, and how this has can be achieved.
Masterclasses are run with a ‘how to’ ethos so that they give you the tools you need to go back to the office and implement something new. Delivered in a compelling and interactive way they are informal but intensive learning sessions with a small group, where speakers give step by step guidance on how to achieve the goal using case studies as examples.
At this Masterclass you will get:
- Up-to-date knowledge on Passivhaus design and the UK market
- A work through of the design principles of Passivhaus, and methods to implement them in your projects
- Key insights to help apply your learning in practice
CPD: 3 hours
Gold Leaf members can use their complimentary space allocation for this course. There are limited Gold Leaf places available – please send an email to email@example.com to register your place free of charge.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org