This event will launch a new report created as part of the IGNTION project. The report provides organisations with the data they need to make informed decisions about the types of urban nature-based solutions (NBS) available to them and how these can help meet sustainability objectives. This launch event will give attendees a first look at the report, present key findings and provide a platform to ask the project team questions.
The report has synthesised and translated the vast quantity of available scientific literature to highlight the evidence in support of utilising urban NBS across the built environment. It is hoped that this supporting evidence can inspire confidence in business leaders and investors to increase their use of NBS to deliver greater outcomes for business, society and the environment. Key findings have been outlined in the report to provide industry with easy access to the information they need to identify the right NBS to meet their desired outcomes and address their challenges with a greater understanding of how nature-based solutions perform.
This report was informed by the research stored in the NBS Evidence Base. This will soon be an open source live repository of over 1,000 evidence items, which will continue to grow as further evidence of the impacts from NBS is uncovered.
- Dr. Rachel Morrison, Nature-based Solutions Advisor, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Sam Hartley, Environment Team Campaign Officer, Business in the Community
- Nourhan Heysham, Research Assistant, University of Salford
- Sam Evans, Head of Natural Environment, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Jack Shuttleworth, Business Development Manager, SEL Environmental
- Craig Morley, Project Manager, Bruntwood
- Robert Winch, Sustainability Officer, UKGBC
- Alastair Mant, Head of Business Transformation, UKGBC
You should attend if you are looking to better understand the multifunctional solutions which contribute to the attainment of sustainability objectives.
Who should attend
This event is targeted at built environment professionals spanning the entire value chain who are looking to meet sustainability objectives through multifunctional solutions.